Show Reflections - Panic! At The Disco edition (The Gospel Tour)

10:34 PM

So if you've seen my updated shows page, you'll notice that I have recently seen fREAKING PANIC AT THE DISCO. Just bear with me and let me have my 12-year-old fangirl moment:

Do you even realize just how huge and important and famous this band is?!?!? They were one of THE top five bands you HAD to be listening to in middle school or you were deemed a failure!! The singles from A Fever You Can't Sweat Out were (of course) "I Write Sins Not Tragedies", "Lying Is the Most Fun a Girl Can Have Without Taking Her Clothes Off", and "But It's Better If You Do". At least those were the ones with the music videos that I absolutely ADORED, and back when I was in middle school, music videos were EVERYTHING. I waited day after day for them to debut and I had those three songs on my DVR so I could watch them whenever I wanted. I mean, I'd stopped listening to them after I started going to shows for some reason, but I liked what I'd been hearing from them all throughout high school. So can you even imagine how this moment was for me?

On to that day...
This was all thanks to my good friend Katelyn. She had three tickets to the show at The Moody Theater and she invited me and her lovely friend Elihu. We woke up at 9am and got in line shortly after 11am. There were only about 30 or so people in front of us, which is a WHOLE lot less than we thought would be there. I mean, it's Panic! You'd be dumb not to get there early if you wanna be relatively close to Mr. Urie.
So we waited nearly 8 hours until the doors opened at 6:30pm. We then hurried to claim our spots on the rail, but alas, we failed. We were, however, behind a couple that told us they were leaving after the second band's set and allowed us to take their spots when they left. Score!

At 7:30-ish, Youngblood Hawke began their performance. Six people, including a lady (oooh!), ran onstage and started banging on all these different drums. In case you don't know who they are (it's okay, I didn't either until they played these two songs), here are some songs to refresh your memory:



Recognize them now? Yeah, I realized when they played them then as well.

I'd also never heard of Walk The Moon, but lo and behold, they played two songs that I hear AAALLL the time at work:



They opened with the first song, Tightrope. And as soon as frontman Nick Petricca took the stage, his dancing moves kept my jaw nailed to the ground. I mean, seriously, look!


I wish SO badly I'd gotten video of their first song that day because DAMN his hips are dangerous! They were slaying left and right! JESUS CHRIST, those hips!

So, Walk The Moon was done, and now we only had to wait for Panic. I damn near CRIED waiting. I switched spot with the girl in the couple and I hugged the rail as tightly as I could. Among my thoughts were:
Holy crap.
I'm about to see Panic At The Disco.
I've been waiting for this moment for 8 years.
8 YEARS.
I HAVE WAITED 8 YEARS AND 8 HOURS FOR THIS MOMENT.
AND AFTER ALL THIS TIME,
BRENDON FREAKING URIE IS GOING TO BE STANDING RIGHT. HERE.
OH MY GOD BRENDON URIE.
OH MY GOD THE LIGHTS
OH MY
OH GOD
OH MY GOD
OH MY GOD IT'S BRENDON URIE

Here, have some pictures. Because I honestly don't remember much other than Brendon.
















The rest of these pictures are Katelyn's ;)







I would also like to add this video because Brendon is such an amazing singer:



He did, not one, but TWO backflips. He smiled as we sang. He BARELY sang I Write Sins Not Tragedies JUST so he could hear us singing it. It was probably the largest crowd I've ever been apart of, and feeling, hearing every emotion everyone was throwing onstage was just so powerful and magical. Everything about that night was amazing and I would definitely wait 8+ hours to experience it all over again.

Katelyn, thank you SO much for inviting me! I really did have such an amazing time, and I can NOT wait until the next time we willingly volunteer our ovaries to be exploded by Brendon Urie's presence.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

recent posts